Saturday, January 5, 2013

This one doesn't have a title.


There is a certain inconceivability that pushes at my consciousness: a challenge, a demand – a constant quality.

Budapest is rumbling with student protests, but the drones of discontent fail to reach me.

This silence is a loaded one though, I should think. It is a wail, sometimes, a roar.

Someone once said, the suffering ones are without voices. Give them bread – give them words. Everything outside the discourse, by definition, cannot be conceived of; therefore, wails become real when are moulded into linguistic structures, given meaning, provided author and audience, congruity with the cultural history and the social narrative.

I hear many stories though. And stories beget stories beget narratives from which discourses (lives) evolve. There are some about fragmented pasts; others about resettlement and restitution. Also: fathers and sons, brothers, lovers. Man is a pair of limbs, broken bones, a huge existential void, and Meaning always residing just out of grasp.

I have nothing to add to the margins. Just that: right, maybe it’s true and everyone suffers a bit, and let us "convert neurotic suffering into an acceptance of everyday common misery".

But, there is this,

My dearest Sixsmith;

Unfinished is maybe just evolving and there is space for the unspoken.

I don’t know much about gods, but I reckon that ineffability is no joke.

 - Thuy

No comments:

Post a Comment